[imp] [Feature request] Blacklist should MOVE not delete...

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:56:21 -0600

Quoting Ewout Meij <horde@meij.net>:

| Greetings,
|
| I really like the easily available BLACKLIST option in the main IMP
| window. But
| I'd like to change the behavour of it so that it does NOT delete email
| from the
| blacklisted addresses, but move it to a dedicated folder.

Having more than one blacklist option would be confusing and worthless, in
my opinion.  The definition of blacklist is "mail from email addresses that
we do NOT want _ANY_ mail from".  If you want to move these kind of
messages to a folder, this is filtering not blacklisting.  A simple filter
by From address will accomplish what you want.

| Or:
|
| I'd really like an easily available BLACKLIST-like option in the main IMP
| window. I'd like the email from like-blacklisted addresses moved to a
| dedicated
| folder.

This is a better idea.  Maybe a "Filter" link on the message page that will
take you to the Filter prefs page and prefill several of the fields?

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder