[imp] updating to latest IMP question

Bjørn Ove Grøtan bjorn.grotan@itea.ntnu.no
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 00:45:20 +0200

Hanser, Kevin:

> I have been running one of the pre-release versions of IMP 3.1 for a few
> months now.  I'd like to get it updated to the latest 3.1 that is now
> available.  However, I don't want to lose all my configuration that I've
> done.  What's the best way for me to update to the new version?

diff thisconffile.php.dist myupdatedconffile.php > conffile.diff
and so on and so forth...

Then use 'patch' to patch the new conffiles, or just use the .diff-file
to see where you have made changes from the .dist-file and make
changes accordingly.

Best regards

Bjørn Ove Grøtan
IT-Dept.
Norwegian University of Technology & Science

"This is unix-land, in the night - you hear windows-boxes reboot"