[imp] FURTHER: Compose window problem

Karen R McArthur kmcarthu@bates.edu
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:17:25 -0400

Thank you to George Theall and EdwardSPL.  With their help,  I have =
solved a piece of this problem.  It turned out to be a combination of =
interactions between my httpd.conf file and my php.ini file and my =
inexperience with php configurations.  I changed the httpd.conf line =
from "php_admin_value file_upload On" to "php_admin_flag file_upload =
On".

I can now send email - with 1 caveat - I get a dialog box error =
"Compose.php?uniq=3D<#>", where <#> is a 36 digit hexidecimal number.  =
If I choose the Cancel button, the message is sent - no errors in =
imp-errors.log or syslog.  If I choose the OK button, the message is not =
sent - again no server side error messages.
--
Karen R. McArthur, Systems Administrator
Bates College, Information & Library Services

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV>Thank you to George Theall and EdwardSPL.&nbsp; With their help, =
&nbsp;I=20
have solved&nbsp;a piece of this&nbsp;problem.&nbsp; It turned out to be =
a=20
combination of&nbsp;interactions between my httpd.conf file and my =
php.ini file=20
and my inexperience with php configurations.&nbsp; I changed the =
httpd.conf line=20
from "php_admin_value file_upload On"&nbsp;to "php_admin_flag =
file_upload=20
On".</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I can now send email - with 1 caveat - I get a dialog box error=20
"Compose.php?uniq=3D&lt;#&gt;", where&nbsp;&lt;#&gt; is a 36 digit =
hexidecimal=20
number.&nbsp; If I choose the&nbsp;Cancel button, the message is sent - =
no=20
errors in imp-errors.log or syslog.&nbsp; If I choose the&nbsp;OK =
button, the=20
message is not sent - again no server side error =
messages.</DIV></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>--<BR>Karen R. McArthur, Systems=20
Administrator<BR>Bates College, Information &amp; Library =
Services<BR>ph:=20
207-786-8236 fax: 207-786-6057<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:kmcarthu@bates.edu">kmcarthu@bates.edu</A></FONT></DIV></B=