[imp] automatic name expansion for RELENG3

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:07:56 -0400

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

> Sorry, but we can't except this patch though it's nice that you tried to
> backport it. The patch is breaking backward compatibility because all
> patches have to be applied locally to one module. You always have to deal
> with people that still have Horde 2.0.

I don't really see it as a problem to add it all to IMP, though.

> Btw, I'd prefer to let this feature mature a bit more before backporting
> it. There still are possible interferences between multiple fields
> expanding at the same time, I want to see a "Cancel" link/button and I
> like to handle multiple returned matches.

I agree with this sentiment in general; however, this feature has been
sitting and relatively stable for a while; how will we be motivated to make
it better if not too many people are using it?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>