[imp] SMIME

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:04:17 -0600

| Quoting "Stephen A. Cochran" <stephen.a.cochran.lists@cahir.net>:
|
| > Well, we have  PKI team here with grant money to do cool things, and
| > they've been playing with SMIME a lot lately. They are probably
| > interested in getting that working, so any info would be appreciated.
|
| Cool - I don't know the details, but hopefully Michael, who did the PGP
| implementation, can lay out what would need to be done and where to do
| it...

Essentially you need to write a MIME_Viewer driver (most likely an
MIME_Viewer_imp driver) to handle the specific protocol.  Horde contains a
smime MIME_Viewer that does the appropriate wrapping based on the content
of the MIME Part's "protocol" parameter - for example, if the protocol
is "application/pgp-*", processing gets handed off to the PGP viewer (which
does the appropriate RFC 2015 stuff necessary to process the part).

Depending on what protocol you desire to implement, Horde_Crypt:: (see
lib/Crypt.php) may come in useful.

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder