[imp] Languages not changing.

Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:48:07 -0500

> On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Kenjiro Tanaka wrote:
>
> > > Read po/README to find out what _exactly_ isn't working.
> > >
> > > Jan.

This is indeed good advice.

> > 	OK but... what if the 'translation file' is already there? (like
> pt_BR.po)

Doesn't matter if it is there.  Only if it is working.  The .po file
must be compiled into a .mo file, which is what actually gets used.
So the po file doesn't really matter, except for purposes of generating
the .mo file.  .mo files may not be compatible across platforms, so you
may need to regenerate them on your system...

But none of that matters if your system doesn't support locales.  Hence
the need to debug things, and hence the reference to po/README.

> > 	It works for me, using Linux and Mozilla (both in english)

English will always work.

> >  but not for the
> > users using Windows NT and IExplorer (both in poruguese).

You need to debug as per po/README.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage