[imp] Re: [dev] IMP HEAD & sending messages with attachment and specialchar in IE

Amith Varghese amith@xalan.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:15:59 -0400

No javascript errors within IE (not that I could see.  The warning icon on the
bottom left never showed up).  Also, I've verified this on two different
computers (running roughly the same version of IE 6.0.2600).  The machines were
Win2k.  I tried to debug it last night by putting a javascript alert box in the
uniqSubmit() javascript method (in templates/compose/compose.inc).  I put:

alert(document.compose.actionID.value)

and when i submitted the form, it printed out 114 which is correct.  However in
compose.php when it calls $actionID = Horde::getFormData('actionID'); right
after that i put a logMessage and $actionID is empty.  So I then put a packet
sniffer between the two machines to see what was actually being sent.  I've
dealt with multipart/form-data before, but I'm not too sure of the differences
between browsers when it comes to this.  Basically the data I was getting back
contained actionID but in two different forms.

Mozilla:

IE 6.0.2600:
..ZP.þ..³.9e..E..Üc.@...\÷À¨eýA{Ìú...P(Qb6þ¦³¯P.úð./..actionID....114..-----------------------------

IE 5.5 (running using crossover office on my linux machine)

In IE 6.0.2600 I don't see the first part that I see in Mozilla or IE 5.5... its
a bunch of garbage.  I don't know if this affects PHP for getting the form value
or not.  It starting to look like I found a bug.  But I would like to see if
someone can duplicate my problems before I stop trying to figure this out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Amith