[imp] one last try

Joshua S. Freeman jfreeman@amnh.org
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 18:25:06 -0400 (EDT)

well, at this point, they haven't paid for it...

heh..

J.

On Sat, 24 Aug 2002, Stephen Samuel wrote:

> In the meantime, If your bosses insisted on paying for useless(?)
> proprietary software, isn't there some sort of support contract
> with it?  If not, then what was the argument that your bosses
> used for going with these people? The support you get from them
> may not be as good as what you get for Free Software, but it's
> probably better than what the Free Software community can/will
> provide for proprietary software. (or, at least, it had better be!)
>
> jlewis@lewis.org wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Joshua S. Freeman wrote:
> >

> >>just for the record,
> >>
> >>believe you me.. as a former VA Linux employee, Silkymail was *not my
> >>choice* !!!! I argued strenously for staying with horde/imp (open source)
> >>for all the obvious reasons...
> >>
> >>Unfortunately, i was overruled...
> >

> > Those who overruled you should make Silkymail work then.
>

> --
> Stephen Samuel +1(604)876-0426                samuel@bcgreen.com
> 		   http://www.bcgreen.com/~samuel/
> Powerful committed communication, reaching through fear, uncertainty and
> doubt to touch the jewel within each person and bring it to life.

  Joshua S. Freeman -  Asst. Dir. of IT,  Applications Support
 American Museum of Natural History - CPW at 79th St., NYC 10024
      email: jfreeman@amnh.org  web: http://www.amnh.org/
desk: (212) 496.3573 mobile: (917) 502.0738 skytel: jfreeman@skytel.com