[imp] Sieve app gets made more usable...

Chris Hastie lists@oak-wood.co.uk
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 23:25:49 +0100

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Mike Cochrane <mike@graftonhall.co.nz> wrote
>Quoting Ryan Gallagher <ryan@studiesabroad.com>:
>

>> How bout "INGO"
>>
>> Mail comes 'in'...
>> Where does it 'go'?
>>
>> hehe.
>>

>That's good enough for me. There's no an Ingo module in CVS... feel free to
>check a copy out and start bug locating/fixing.

Excellent stuff - well worth the effort of finally trying to figure out
this CVS thing this evening :)

A problem I've noticed is this:

If I select 'Size', 'Greater than', 5000, 'Reject this message with
reason' and enter a reason, the script I get looks like this:

# Big_message
if size :over 5000 {
}

which seems to have missed out the action.

I've also got bit of a wish list, which I guess I might as well let you
in on in the hope that some one has the time and skills to work on some
bits...

*   More flexibility in defining headers to search - ideally a 'Custom
    header' option in the drop down that brings up a text box that the
    user can type a header field into. As a minimum, a 'List-ID' header
    - hell that's so easy even I managed to hack it this evening!

*   Rules start working as soon as they're saved, rather than having to
    go to the script page and click activate. I think your average user
    is going to find this complicated.

*   Option to not send vacation messages if the Precedence header is
    bulk or list, preferably defaulting to that option.

*   Some how neatening up the 'Do this' section. In particular, if
    'Deliver to this mailbox' is selected I'd prefer a drop down list of
    available folders to having to type in the mailbox name. Average
    users are going to find the concept of a folder hierarchy separated
    by dots tricky I think.

I'm sure there's other stuff, but it's bed time here...
--
Chris Hastie