[imp] Sieve app gets made more usable...

Mike Cochrane mike@graftonhall.co.nz
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:11:23 +1200

Quoting Chris Hastie <lists@oak-wood.co.uk>:

> A problem I've noticed is this:
>
> If I select 'Size', 'Greater than', 5000, 'Reject this message with
> reason' and enter a reason, the script I get looks like this:
>
> # Big_message
> if size :over 5000 {
> }
>
> which seems to have missed out the action.
Thanks... fixed in CVS.. i had completely forgotten to add the reject action to
the code generation stuff...

> *   More flexibility in defining headers to search - ideally a 'Custom
>     header' option in the drop down that brings up a text box that the
>     user can type a header field into. As a minimum, a 'List-ID' header
>     - hell that's so easy even I managed to hack it this evening!
It's planned :-) After I get IMAP flags working.

> *   Rules start working as soon as they're saved, rather than having to
>     go to the script page and click activate. I think your average user
>     is going to find this complicated.
Also going to become an option. That's why i have the config option for showing
the script screen.

> *   Option to not send vacation messages if the Precedence header is
>     bulk or list, preferably defaulting to that option.
Didn't even think of checking this one....

> *   Some how neatening up the 'Do this' section. In particular, if
>     'Deliver to this mailbox' is selected I'd prefer a drop down list of
>     available folders to having to type in the mailbox name. Average
>     users are going to find the concept of a folder hierarchy separated
>     by dots tricky I think.
This is tricky. Then i have to add a getfolderlist to imp's api so i can fetch
the folder list without dealing with a mail server. but also allready on the
todo list.

> I'm sure there's other stuff, but it's bed time here...

I'm all ears....

- Mike :-)