[imp] What does conf.xml do?

Chris Hastie lists@oak-wood.co.uk
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 13:18:56 +0100

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Mike Cochrane <mike@graftonhall.co.nz> wrote
>Docs haven't caught up in head yet.... here's a bit about them from Trean but
>still not much:
>
>    To configure Trean, login to Horde as an Administrator and click on the
>    Administration icon. From here click the Configuration button, then select
>    Bookmarks from the drop down box and click Configure.
>
>    You will be presented with a list of Trean options. Set the options how you
>    wish then generate the configuration
>
>Basically, you don't do anything with them. you use the configuration admin
>pages which read them and help you create conf.php.

I'd figured it must be something like that, but couldn't find a suitable
admin section. And still can't :(

In horde/config/conf.php I have
$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('chris');

but logging in to Horde as 'chris' does not present me with an
Administration icon. Is there a separate admin module that I need to
install? If so, this needs to be listed as prerequisite for other
modules that ship only with conf.xml.
--
Chris Hastie