[imp] ingo CVS and conf.php

Marc G. Fournier scrappy@hub.org
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 13:40:56 -0300 (ADT)

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Chris Scott wrote:

> I'm trying to test out ingo (love the name) and checked it out from CVS but
> config/conf.php isn't there.  I verified this w/the Chora CVS browser.  It
> this file still needed and, if so, where can I get it?

Took me a bit to figure this one out, *but* once I did, I love it ...
configuration is moving to be web based, instead of text file ... or,
rather, its generated via the web using the conf.xml files ...

First off, you need domxml support compiled into your mod_php4 ... then,
in horde/config/conf.php, you have to set your 'admins' up ... when you
login with said defined admin, you get a new link on the bottom frame for
'Administration' ... inside of there, it gives you a purely point-n-click
method to configure the various modules that have been converted ...

The one 'caveat' that I found was that if you want to use the save
function(s), you have to make sure that the config directories involved
are owned by the user/group running the web server ... but, it does output
the apporpriate conf.php entries on the screen, so in my case, I just
cut-n-paste it tot he files ...