[imp] IMP compose window as default email app under Win2k/XP

Ryan Gallagher ryan@studiesabroad.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 13:30:50 -0500

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

> Zitat von Ryan Gallagher <ryan@studiesabroad.com>:
>
> > Would it be possible for horde/imp to remember that the initial request
> > was for
> > a compose window, prompt for auth, and then simply display the initially
> > requested compose page?
>
> Sure: http://webmail.example.com/horde/imp?action=compose&to=foo@bar.com
>
> Jan.

Thanks, this worked for me.

Can specify a text/plain body via this method too?  Or the other header fields?

Mozilla users note that you must have set "allow unrequested windows" set to
yes.  Wish there was a way around this.  Essentially it functions to log you in
and open a compose window.  Hence the un-requested window.  I suppose it could
load the compose in the same window but that would have snafus in other regards.
--
Ryan T. Gallagher
ryan@studiesabroad.com