[imp] Failed Login Error

Richard C. Hutchison richard.hutchison@trak-tech.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 15:09:32 -0400

I have just finished setting up IMP 3.1 on our PII 233 server running =
RedHat 7.3.  I have successfully configured IMAP, and it is working from =
remote mail programs (tested in Mozilla 1.0 and Outlook Express 6.0).  =
However, when I try to log in through IMP, it says that my username or =
password are wrong.

Since I'm rather new at this (I'm the only person in the company that =
knows anything about Linux, hence my job title), what do I need to do to =
fix my authentication settings?  I am currently using MySQL, but I do =
not know where to enter the needed data there.  Is there any way to have =
it authenticate to the local password files instead of through MySQL?

Richard C. Hutchison, CQIA
Chief Systems Administrator
Trak-Tech Corp.

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have just finished setting up IMP 3.1 =
on our PII=20
233 server running RedHat 7.3.&nbsp; I have successfully configured =
IMAP, and it=20
is working from remote mail programs (tested in Mozilla 1.0 and Outlook =
Express=20
6.0).&nbsp; However, when I try to log in through IMP, it says that my =
username=20
or password are wrong.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Since I'm rather new at this (I'm the =
only person=20
in the company that knows anything about Linux, hence my job title), =
what do I=20
need to do to fix my authentication settings?&nbsp; I am currently using =
MySQL,=20
but I do not know where to enter the needed data there.&nbsp; Is there =
any way=20
to have it authenticate to the local password files instead of through=20
MySQL?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Richard C. Hutchison, CQIA<BR>Chief =
Systems=20
Administrator<BR>Trak-Tech Corp.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>