[imp] Search string for Expand Names

Christopher Davis davisc@georgetown.edu
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 14:38:22 -0400

We're using IMP with an LDAP server to provide a shared e-mail directory
to our users.  However, we are finding that many searches are producing
no results, especially with Expand Names, because it treats the text in
the field as a single string.  So, searching for "will smith" doesn't
find "William Smith" or "William C. Smith".  We are searching the first
name (givenname in LDAP), last name (sn), and full name (cn) fields.

Is there any way to tell IMP/Turba to treat separate words as separate
search terms?

Thanks,
Chris

--
Christopher Davis
Georgetown University Information Services