How to crash IMP (was Re: [imp] redirect.php error & login failure - data dependent?)

Steve Lidie sol0@Lehigh.EDU
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:37:46 -0400

On Thursday, Sep 5, 2002, at 14:52 US/Eastern, Steve Lidie wrote:

> With a few thousand users, I have 10-20 that cannot login to IMP, they
> get an error mentioning that accessing redirect.php failed.  I've seen
> similar reports in the archives from 2001 using PHP 4.0.6, but no
> resolution.  I'm using 4.2.0.
>
> I found that using Netscape I am able to read 4 of 4 pages of the
> user's mail.  Amazingly, when I tried IMP afterwards I was able to
> login, but could only see 3 of 4 pages of inbox mail.  Trying to goto
> page 2 always gives:
>
>    The attempt to load 'Accessing URL:
> https://hostname/horde/imp/mailbox.php?page=2' failed.
>
> This, essentially, is the same error message I had previously seen
> when login would fail.  The archives mentioned imap_sort() getting a
> segfault... could this still be the problem? Regardless, is this a
> known problem?

What, no takers?

Well, yes, the problem is data dependent.  Find attached a message
that, if it's on the first page will prevent login and result in a
"redirect.php" error. If it's on any other subsequent page, that page
cannot be displayed, but all others can. I trust someone can gen a
patch, since this error is 100% reproducible.

Steve

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: imp-bug
Type: application/octet-stream