[imp] Running HEAD and production side-by-side...

Rick Emery rick@emery.2y.net
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 12:59:03 -0400

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

> I run 3-4 versions side-by-side, without virtual hosts.  The only
> "side effect" is that they all share the same session/cookies.  So if
> I'm logged into one on a browser, then I'm logged into all of them in
> that browser ;)

I'm not too worried about that. My plan is to use the HEAD version until something I
want to do doesn't work (or a cvs update temporarily breaks something; according to
what I've seen on this list, it's pretty rare and soon fixed). In that case, I'll log
out and then go to the older stable version.

So, I took the plunge and got the latest from cvs. Everything seems good (I'm not
completely finished configuring yet), but I notice under Options there are additional
preferences. I haven't tried anything yet, but wouldn't I need to run the HEAD db
scripts to create the preferences tables with the new fields? First I would have to
drop the existing database, right? Does anybody know if IMP 3.1 will use the
preference tables for HEAD?

As I indicated in the previous message, this isn't a show stopper, as I'll use
postgresql for my HEAD preferences to keep them seperate. But now I'm curious.

Thanks,
Rick