[imp] Running HEAD and production side-by-side...

Sun, 8 Sep 2002 20:07:07 -0500

> Quoting Rick Emery <rick@emery.2y.net>:
>
> > So, I took the plunge and got the latest from cvs. Everything seems good
> > (I'm not completely finished configuring yet), but I notice under Options
> > there are additional preferences. I haven't tried anything yet, but
> > wouldn't I need to run the HEAD db scripts to create the preferences
> > tables with the new fields? First I would have to drop the existing
> > database, right? Does anybody know if IMP 3.1 will use the preference
> > tables for HEAD?
>
> The tables are no different; you don't have to drop or recreate anything.
>
> -chuck

May not change for IMP, but some other modules have added fields over time.
So if you run other modules, you may need to add fields.  As for fields that
are removed, you can leave those there for backwards compatibility.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage