Fwd: Re: [imp] Running HEAD and production side-by-side...

Rick Emery rick@emery.2y.net
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 10:51:27 -0400

----- Forwarded message from rick@emery.2y.net -----
    Date: Mon,  9 Sep 2002 10:48:44 -0400
    From: Rick Emery <rick@emery.2y.net>
 Subject: Re: [imp] Running HEAD and production side-by-side...
      To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > May not change for IMP, but some other modules have added fields over
> > time. So if you run other modules, you may need to add fields.  As for
> > fields that are removed, you can leave those there for backwards
> > compatibility.
>
> The question, as I understood it, was about the preferences table, which has
> not changed - and does not need to change to accomodate new preferences, as
> the question implied it might.
>
> -chuck

You are correct. My original question (inaccurately) asked about the
preferences tables. What I *should* have asked about was the database, since
some of the other applications store data there as well.

What I *shouldn't* have done was posted this question to the IMP list; it
should have been on the Horde list, and I apologize for that.

I have since seen the error of my ways and joined the horde list (as well as a
few others) :-)

Thanks again to everybody!
Rick

----- End forwarded message -----