[imp] Bug with angled quotes + attachments.

Amith Varghese amith@xalan.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:18:50 -0400

> The part I can't figure is that it only fails when an attachment is involved.
> Meaning something goes wrong when IMP reloads the email before the user
> submits
> the send.
>
> Those special characters pass through fine otherwise.  This is the main
> reason
> why looking to IMP for a fix seems logical.  If it just failed period i'd be
> more comfortable blaming IE completely.
>
> --Ryan

Yes, this is definitely weird.  Again, this mirrored what I found previously.
And what I think it has to do with is how IE handles forms with the
enctype="multipart/form-data".  Somewhere in the IE code there is a bug that
doesn't handle this correcty.  For example when I used a packet sniffer I found
that the browser was sending the following information:

Mozilla:

IE 6.0.2600:

In the latter case, this is garbage and IMP can't really do anything about it.
Now I'm not sure that the problem you are experiencing is the same problem that
I experienced.  What I would advise you to do, is to do a little debugging and
see where in the PHP code stuff breaks.  You should probably start to take a
look in compose.php and put in some Horde::logMessage statements to see whats
going wrong.  Its possible that what you are seeing is unrelated.  Please also
see my e-mail on Thu, 22 Aug 2002 for what I did to debug this and why I
concluded my problem was not a problem with IMP.

Amith