[imp] Identities don't override "From" name

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:24:32 -0400

Quoting Brad Vedders <veddebra@aquinas.edu>:

> Imp has always displayed the name that we list in our directory server
> (when your account is setup).  I'm not sure where exactly Imp pulls this,
> but that is the name it has always displays.  If a user defines a Full
> Name, Imp does not use that value.  Perhaps you could shed some light as
> to where Imp gets the name in the first place?  It also grabs the name
> from the directory if you use auto-expand in Imp.  I haven't made any
> changes for it to grab the name.

You mean when someone actually gets the mail, right, not on the user's
compose screen?

If that's the case, then your MTA is doing the substitution and IMP has
nothing to do with it (and can't do anything about it).

If that's not the case, then _somewhere_ you did tell IMP to get the name
elsewhere.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>