[imp] Hide "From" field in compose window

lst_hoe lst_hoe@kwsoft.de
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:05:25 +0200

Hello

we have the need that for our users the "From" field in the compose window
isn´t visible because they can´t change it anyway and it shows the login-id
which is rewrited by the MTA for sending.
As this leads to confusion and we don't want to feed another database for
rewrite the header we hide this field at all.

I have done this by changing "imp/templates/compose/compose.inc" to honor
the setting "allow_from" which can be set in "imp/config/conf.php"
according to the other possible settings (allow_bcc, allow_cc).

It would be nice if this feature can be integrated in IMP if it doesn't
conflict with other code or if someone (beside me) found it useful.
Any thoughts on this are welcome and let me know if i should provide
further information on the changes i have made.

Regards

--

Andreas Hödle

Kühn & Weyh Software GmbH