[imp] X-Priority header support

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:33:46 -0600

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

| Quoting Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer@linuxquebec.com>:
|
| | Hi there,
| |
| | While browsing the list archive, I noticed that support for X-Priority
| | header (à la Outlook) had been discussed but nobody has written support
| | for it yet.
| |
| | A client of mine have request such a feature for his IMP installation
| | (3.0).  If it has not been done yet, I am willing to do it against
| | current CVS HEAD and post a patch.
|
| This has been implemented in CVS HEAD:
| http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=horde-cvs&m=102270507915229&w=2
|
| A patch to implement in RELENG_3 would be great though (the big problem
| is that the HEAD implementation uses the IMP_Headers class which is not
| available to IMP 3.x... thus, it would take quite a bit of coding -
| completely writing a MIME Header processing routine compatible with Horde
| 2.x - to implement this in RELENG_3)

Actually, this is not quite the truth.  A patch to _send_ messages with a
different priority could be done.  It is the parsing of _received_ messages
and displaying their priority that would be difficult in IMP 3.x.

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder