[imp] X-Priority header support

Rodolfo Segleau segleaur@mechanus.org
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:33:15 -0500

> ----- Message from etienne.goyer@linuxquebec.com ---------
>     Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:10:59 -0400
>     From: Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer@linuxquebec.com>
>  Subject: [imp] X-Priority header support
>       To: imp@lists.horde.org
>
> Hi there,
>
> While browsing the list archive, I noticed that support for X-Priority
> header (à la Outlook) had been discussed but nobody has written support
> for it yet.
>
> A client of mine have request such a feature for his IMP installation
> (3.0).  If it has not been done yet, I am willing to do it against
> current CVS HEAD and post a patch.

Etienne,

    The X-Priority Header support is there (in the CVS version), and it is a
preference (to enable it in the compose window or not). Outlook will pick it
up, but the IMP message summary interface will not (even though when you take a
look at the message itself, you can see the priority set). IIRC, IMP has the
feature of marking messages important or not in the message summary view, but I
don't believe the code has been modified to support it automatically in the
message summary view. I don't think this has trickled down to the release
versions as of yet.

Cheers,

Rodolfo

--
The greatest and noblest pleasure which men can have in this world is to
discover new truths; the next is to shake off old prejudices. - Frederick the