[imp] latest CVS conf.php

Nate Mollring nmollring@cennecs.org
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 15:35:45 -0500

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Quoting Nate Mollring <nmollring@cennecs.org>:
>
> | I have installed and I'm running the latest CVS.  It works good, except
> | that I
> | had to copy the conf.php from my old version.  My server doesn't support
> | domxml
> | that's needed for the buit in config.  Where can I get a conf.php.dist
> | for the
> | latest imp--so it has all the options in it.

The best solution is
to upgrade my php install to a newer version and add domxml support--but this
is a test server and that upgrade is difficult on an e-smith server.

> Unfortunately, if you run CVS, you have to be willing/able to upgrade your
> server as necessary to conform to the newest requirements.  If that isn't
> possible, you really shouldn't be using CVS.
>
> The decision has been made to move to an XML-based configuration script so
> that is the only method supported.
>
> michael

For some reason you left out my last sentence.  Maybe I should edit your text a
bit.
"The best solution is
to upgrade my php install to a newer version and add domxml support--but this
is a test server and that upgrade is difficult on an e-smith server.
"
Everything works great in IMP.  Editing the conf.php still works and all the
other modules I'm working with have a conf.php.dist.  Willing to upgrade by
server--yes I am.  Show me how to install domxml support on SME 5.12 (linux
based distro) that is using php 4.1.2.  That's what I figured.  It wouldn't be
that bad if someone sent me a conf.php for IMP--at least I don't see what it
would hurt.  I'd just like to try this thing out.