[imp] Errors in loging into Imp.

Ray Masa raymasa@hotmail.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:53:00 -0700

Hello,

I am having similar problems as Robert.  Logging issues with IMP and
/tmp/horde.log does not receive any message.  Its always blank.

With regards to logging in, here is what I am seeing:

Horde is setup to authenticate via IMP.

When I attempt to log in using IE (version 5.0, 5.5, and 6.0) I keep getting
returned to the log in page (no error messages, but also not logged in).
This happens most of the time, but I have noticed that randomly (like every
15th time or so), I will log in successfully.

When I attempt to log into just IMP (by clicking on the mail icon on the nav
bar), I have to log in twice.  The first attempt gives me the following
message:

Your Mail session has expired. Please login again.

My second attempt logs me into IMP.

This is only an issue with IE.  I can log into both Horde and IMP directly
via Netscape (4.76).

If I disable the horde login via IMP, I can login correctly into horde in
the first attempt.

I have also checked for the cookie path:
	In php.ini:
session.cookie_path = /

In horde registry.php:
	cookie_path' => '/',
	Previously it was set to cookie_path' => '/horde',

I did not find $conf['cookie']['path'] in any of the files.  Should I have
this?  If so, which file(s) and where should this be?

All apps are installed under horde (http://www.site.com/horde).

I have installed the following components:

Horde 2.1
IMP 3.1
Kronolith 1.0
Turba 1.1
Mnemo 1.0
Nag 1.0

This is installed on:
FreeBSD 4.4
Apache
MySQL

At first I thought upgrading to IE 6 might help.  But I continue to get
exactly the same issue.

Any ideas on how to solve this.  It is related to IMP and IE.

Ray