[imp] Little IMAPD problem

DJ Querner Jordy@Querner.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:59:20 +0200

Adam,

I have my postfix configured with cyrus as default transport:

Main.cf
#mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/file/name
mailbox_transport = cyrus
#fallback_transport = lmtp:unix:/file/name
fallback_transport = cyrus

master.cf:
lmtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       lmtp
cyrus     unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe    flags=R
user=cyrus      argv=/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -e -m ${extension} ${user}

I don’t guess the user cyrus exists in Cyrus but I have to admit I don’t
know how to check this...

The FTP server: kalamazoolinux requires me to authenticate.. I cat reach
the document..

Thnxz in advantage

Jordy Querner

-----Original Message-----
From: imp-bounces@lists.horde.org [mailto:imp-bounces@lists.horde.org]
On Behalf Of Adam Williams
Sent: dinsdag 24 september 2002 14:53
To: DJ Querner
Cc: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] Little IMAPD problem

>Im not quite experienced with the imap protocol or imapd
implementation.
>I try to install Cyrus with (pam_)MySQL and postfix support. I
installed
>postfix and MySQL quite a long time ago and implemented that quite
often
>so I don’t see the problem there. The real problems start with cyrus.
>Installed the package with pam auth (see configfile). I used replex
>(www.replex.org <http://www.replex.org/> ) a imapd manager to create
>virtual users (replex1 and replex2). After I send a testmail to
>cyrus@bigbudda.nl and jordyq@bigbuddha.nl (user replex1) I get both the
>mails back with the following error:
><cyrus@bigbuddha.nl>: data format error. Command output: : Mailbox
>does not exist cyrus: Mailbox does not exist replex2: Mailbox does
>not exist

Does user.cyrus exist in Cyrus?
Postfix is configured to deliver via LMTP?  To the correct socket path?
If jordyg or cyrus are not actual posixAccounts do you have postfix
configured to pass lusers to the cyrusv2 mailer?

><replex2@bigbuddha.zenhosting.nl>: data format error. Command output: :
>Mailbox does not exist cyrus: Mailbox does not exist replex2: Mailbox
does
>not exist

Does user.replex2 exist in Cyrus?  It looks like it is going to the
Cyrus mailer.  Are you using deliver or LMTP?

>the error logs show about the same problem.
>When I log in as user cyrus on the localmachine and I run imtest:
>cyrus@BigBuddha:/var/imap/user$  imtest -m login -p imap localhost
>S: * OK BigBuddha Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.9 server ready
>: C01 CAPABILITY
>S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
>NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND
SORT
>THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE STARTTLS
>S: C01 OK Completed
>Please enter your password:
>C: L01 LOGIN cyrus {8}
>S: + go ahead
>C: <omitted>
>S: L01 NO Login failed: user not found
>Authentication failed. generic failure
>Security strength factor: 0
>The password is not accepted because the user does not exists. I guess
>have no default user or the system will not let me log on for some
>reason. I really don’t get this, is there anyone there who can help =
me?

"Default user"?

See ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/Cyrus.pdf