[imp] Debian setup - forget it?

Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:46:57 -0500

Quoting Niclas Söderlund <niclas@soderlund.org>:

> Now..everything works fine with them all, no errors from any of them as I
> just install them. But when I try to access http://mysite.com/imp/ or
> http://mysite.com/horde/ it tries to download the file instead of opening it.

Usuall means an error in your "addtype" setup as you note below.

> Then I tried to copy one of the files (in this case index.php3) to my
> wwwroot instead, thinking it could be something about rights and
> apache-setup - and yes, then I could access the file correctly but not
> without first fixing the AddType stuff in httpd.conf - if I again after
> restarting apache tried to open one of the url's above - it tried to
> download it all again.

I think you may have made a mistake when "fixing the AddType" stuff...

> Now..please, what should I do? Im a bit stumped. Also, another problem is
> that I dont seem to be able to open .php files if I get .php3 files to
> open, and vice versa. The two AddType's doesnt seem to be able to co-exist.

You can combine them on one line.  Something like:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php4 .php3 .phtml

This says use php for any files of the types .php, .php4, .php3, and .phtml.

Make sure you do that globally for your entire web configuration, or at
least globally for your entire virtual server if you using a virtual
server for Horde.  In other words, make sure you don't just apply it to
a single directory tree, or other subset of your site.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

"Can you hear me now? ... Good!"