[imp] Debian setup - forget it?

Niclas Söderlund niclas@soderlund.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:09:49 +0200

Hello all.

First off - this is the configurationparts and its versions:

- Debian 3.0 release 0
- courier 0.37.3-2.1
- apache 1.3.26-0
- php 4.1.2-4
- mysql-server 3.23.49-8
- horde 1.2.6-4
- imp 2.2.6-5

These are the default (stable) Debian release versions if I do a "apt-get"
and install them thru Debian's system of dependencies.

Now..everything works fine with them all, no errors from any of them as I
just install them. But when I try to access http://mysite.com/imp/ or
http://mysite.com/horde/ it tries to download the file instead of opening it.

Then I tried to copy one of the files (in this case index.php3) to my
wwwroot instead, thinking it could be something about rights and
apache-setup - and yes, then I could access the file correctly but not
without first fixing the AddType stuff in httpd.conf - if I again after
restarting apache tried to open one of the url's above - it tried to
download it all again.

Now..please, what should I do? Im a bit stumped. Also, another problem is
that I dont seem to be able to open .php files if I get .php3 files to
open, and vice versa. The two AddType's doesnt seem to be able to co-exist.

ANY help would be appreciated.. :-(

TIA,

Niclas

|_|_|_|_| Niclas Söderlund
|_|_|_|_| "Musa sapientum fixa est in aure"
|_|_|_|_|-------------------------------------------
This email is intended solely for the addressee and
is strictly confidential. If you have received this
email in error(!please notify me!) then permanently
delete it. I make every effort to keep my network
free from viruses, but you should check this e-mail
and any attachments to it for viruses, as I cannot
accept any liability for viruses transmitted by me. If
this message was of a private nature, It only trans-
mitts the view of the single private person and not
the network soderlund.org as such.