[imp] IMP and Courier - Login problem

Teto webmail@nextgen.it
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:59:37 +0200

Hi all again,

i do not know if it's a courier of imp bug but i've got the following =
problem:

i'm using a slackware 8.1 system with qmail+vpopmail (easy to handle =
many domains) and courier + imp with mailbox .... Logging with imp =
sometimes i get auth error and looking to courier log i get=20

INFO: Connection, ip=3D[127.0.0.1]
ERR: LOGIN FAILED, ip=3D[127.0.0.1]
ERR: LOGIN FAILED, ip=3D[127.0.0.1]
ERR: LOGIN FAILED, ip=3D[127.0.0.1]
INFO: LOGOUT, ip=3D[127.0.0.1]

But i'm sure password it's ok, in fact using pop3 connection all goes =
well.

I'm no able to understand the problem. My courier is the last version =
compiled with:

--enable-workarounds-for-imap-client-bugs --with-ipv6 =
--disable-root-check --prefix=3D/usr --sysconfdir=3D/etc/imap

...I'm using vchkpw auth module and both imap and authdaemonrc config =
file are equal to default options ...

Who can help me? Maybe anyone had already got the same problem...

Bye, Stefano