[imp] IMP and Courier - Login problem

jlewis@lewis.org jlewis@lewis.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:31:21 -0400 (EDT)

What version of vpopmail are you running?  Last I looked, the latest
release version has a string handling bug that corrupts login data.

The easiest fix is to patch courier/authlib/preauthvchkpw.c. In the
function auth_vchkpw_pre, add the following directly under the static char
User and Domain declarations

/* hack to workaround authdaemond/vpopmail user corruption bug */
        memset(User, 0, sizeof(User));
        memset(Domain, 0, sizeof(Domain));
/* end of hack */

This issue was fixed with a complete rewrite of the function at fault in
vpopmail, but you'll have to download a development version to get it.  I
don't think they've released a fixed stable version.

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Teto wrote:

> Hi all again,
>
> i do not know if it's a courier of imp bug but i've got the following problem:
>
> i'm using a slackware 8.1 system with qmail+vpopmail (easy to handle many domains) and courier + imp with mailbox .... Logging with imp sometimes i get auth error and looking to courier log i get
>
> INFO: Connection, ip=[127.0.0.1]
> ERR: LOGIN FAILED, ip=[127.0.0.1]
> ERR: LOGIN FAILED, ip=[127.0.0.1]
> ERR: LOGIN FAILED, ip=[127.0.0.1]
> INFO: LOGOUT, ip=[127.0.0.1]
>
> But i'm sure password it's ok, in fact using pop3 connection all goes well.
>
> I'm no able to understand the problem. My courier is the last version compiled with:
>
> --enable-workarounds-for-imap-client-bugs --with-ipv6 --disable-root-check --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/imap
>
> ...I'm using vchkpw auth module and both imap and authdaemonrc config file are equal to default options ...
>
> Who can help me? Maybe anyone had already got the same problem...
>
> Bye, Stefano

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |