[imp] edit menu icon text

Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:34:55 -0500

Quoting Thad Marsh <thad@marshtek.com>:

> So I have to create a custom locale just to change the text under the trash
> icon to say Deleted Items instead of Empty Trash?  I am surprised as horde is
> so modular?

Well, actually you stated, or I read your statement as saying, that you wanted
it changed everywhere and not just under the icon.   The way to do that is
to change it in the locale file.  If your locale is en_US, then you would
probably need to create the locale file as one doesn't normally exist.  You
only need to put the one phrase in the file, you don't need to define all
the phrases in it.

If you only want it changed under the icon, and no where else, then you can
do it differently.

So what is your preference?  Under the icon only or everywhere?

But in any case,  you *have* to modify a locale entry
(creating one if needed) to change the text correctly,
across all references and all languages.  And you should
probably do it this way anyway, even if you don't care about
all languages or all references...  However, you are free to
use other approaches at your installation.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

"Can you hear me now? ... Good!"