[imp] Bizarre post-install problem

eric@spinoza.oit.qc.edu eric@spinoza.oit.qc.edu
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 22:16:03 -0400 (EDT)

Working on Tru64 5.1 with Apache 1.3.26, PHP 4.2.3, Horde 2.1 and IMP 3.1.

Installation proceeded smoothly, and IMP is very snappy on this
platform...logins via IMAP succeed and I can see the contents of my INBOX
for multiple accounts.

However, once I open up a specific message, every single one displays some
variant of the same garbage:

!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~?????????????????????????????????

Hmm...apparently my mailer can't handle all of the extended characters --
but the ?'s at the end appear as Unicode chars in my browser.

The length of this message seems related to the length of the message
itself.

Could this be a gettext problem?

If not, anybody have an idea what it might be?

Eric Shamow
System Manager
UNIX and Educational Technologies
Office of Information Technology