[imp] Re: IMP & Language

Diego Rivera lrivera@racsa.co.cr
28 Sep 2002 00:00:41 -0600

Sorry to self-reply, but some news:

I added a simple "debugging" line to the common-header.inc files in IMP
and HORDE (horde/imp/templates/common-header.inc and
horde/templates/common-header.inc), such that a big fat line would be
printed on the HTML showing me the language that had been selected.

The value displayed was consistent with the expected behavior of the
configurations: when language was configured as locked into xx_XX as
default, the line(s) correctly show xx_XX, when chosen at the login
screen, the refreshed screen correctly shows the newly selected language
(although the messages are still in english), same with saved
preferences. Thus, the language is being correctly selected, just not
displayed!

As expected, no change in behavior - only Konqueror shows the correct
language, all other browsers I've tried (even Lynx!!!!! ;) ) fail to
change the messages to the correct language (which is, as I mentioned,
correctly displayed in my "debug" statements).

Here's a diff of the files (applies to both files, but only one shown
for brevety):

diff -btcrw horde/imp/templates/common-header.inc
/var/www/html/horde/imp/templates/common-header.inc
*** horde/imp/templates/common-header.inc   Mon Mar 18 16:18:52 2002
--- /var/www/html/horde/imp/templates/common-header.inc Fri Sep 27
21:39:02 2002
  </head>

'"'; if (!empty($bodyStyle)) echo ' class="' . $bodyStyle . '"' ?>>
+     <!-- THIS IS FOR DEBUGGING ONLY -->
+     <center><h1>LANG = <?= $language ?></h1></center><p>

Best

Diego