[imp] IMP & Language

Rodolfo Segleau segleaur@mechanus.org
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 01:00:05 -0500

> ----- Message from lrivera@racsa.co.cr ---------
>     Date: 27 Sep 2002 23:47:12 -0600
>     From: Diego Rivera <lrivera@racsa.co.cr>
>  Subject: [imp] IMP & Language
>       To: imp@lists.horde.org
>
> Hello all!
>
> I'm running into the same language-related problems with HORDE/IMP, on
> Mandrake Linux 8.2.
>
> The strange thing is: Konqueror DOES get the language I choose (albeit
> the "auto-change" select control on the login page doesn't work), but
> neither Mozilla, Netscape nor IE work!
>
> Longer description:
>
> Konqueror: open the main login page. Enter login information, choose
> language (page gets refreshed, but no change on the display).  Click the
> login button to submit the form, and from then on the language is
> selected correctly.  If I do a reload, then even the "button bar" at the
> bottom of the screen refreshes correctly.
>
> Mozilla/NS/IE: there is NO way to change the language, even after
> changing the preferences, locking in the desired language, etc.
>
> I've run the gettext diagnostics listed in po/README with no success -
> but if gettext is broken in my machine, why is Konqueror getting the
> (almost) desired results???
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Best
>
> Diego

Diego,

    In most cases, the language isn't refreshed in IE or Netscape until you log
out of the system and log back in. I have a setup as english as my default
language, but certain users (in CR, btw) need in spanish. they weren't able to
get it to stick until they logged out and logged back in. Note that if the
logon page is defaulted to english, it will overwrite the selected language in
the preferences.

Cheers,

Rodolfo

--
The greatest and noblest pleasure which men can have in this world is to
discover new truths; the next is to shake off old prejudices. - Frederick the