[imp] Re: IMP does not show mail content

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:15:30 -0600

Quoting Markus Gaugusch <markus@gaugusch.at>:

| I found something out: A "normal" mail (saved via IMP from "Message
| source") contains
| --snip--
| Subject: bla^M
| ^M
|
| message text bla bla^M
| --snip--
|
| A mail that does not work contains
| --snip--
| Subject: foo^M
| ^M
| ^M
| ^M
| broken message text that is never displayed^M
| --snip--

The PHP/IMAP/PEAR stuff should handle this fine - at least it works just
fine on my system.  IMAP requires a blank line (<CR><LF>) to separate the
MIME information from the body of the message.  Everything after the first
blank line is treated as body text in a text/plain message.  This is the
behavior exhibited on my setup (latest HEAD, php 4.2.3).

You may have to do some more work to determine if it is the c-client in PHP
that is giving you problems (e.g. imap_body() is returning no information)
or something else.

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder