[imp] using a theme

Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:15:22 -0500

Quoting Dean Guenther <guenther@wsu.edu>:

> Thanks Jan, I thought just quitting the browser would do
> that, but it doesn't.

Never underestimate the stupidity of a browser.

> It does look good with MSIE. But Netscape doesn't show the
> grey theme as well. And Netscape varies between the Unix
> version 4.76 and the Windows version 4.76. The former has
> the grey background, the latter has a white background.

I doubt it is the case here, but I'll mention this anyway, just to
get it in the archives.  In the Netscape 4.7x branch, if you turn of
JavaScript, it also turns off CSS no matter what your preference
setting for CSS is.

That is, since NS 4.7x does its CSS parsing in JS, so if you
disable JS in the preferences, it kills (incorrectly IMHO) CSS also.

Now that, to me, is an annoying browser quirk :)

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!