[imp] help - mime_mapping.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 17:49:27 -0600

Quoting Darci Antônio Tartari <dtartari@portoriogrande.com.br>:

| I received a StarOffice document in a email and my IMP 3.1 installation
| did not
| recognized it as a file instead gives strangers caracters starting with a
| head below

|  I think, I should include that extention (sdw) on  mime_mapping.php but
| I do
| not know how to do.

There is nothing you can do about this (at least in IMP 3.x) -- whomever
sent you the email labeled the attachment as type application/octet-stream,
a generic label indicating data.

IMP HEAD will take a "guess" at the content-type in this situation (if it
is of type "application/octet-stream" AND there is extension information).
In IMP 3.1, the only thing you can down is download to your local computer
and hope that it will recognize the extension.

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder