[imp] directly to inbox after logging in

Jamyn jshanley@wiretapped.us
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 15:08:09 -0500

Quoting Thijs Koetsier <thijs.koetsier@exception.nl>:

> > Horde Icon at the bottom -> Options Icon at the top ->
> > Display Options -
> > "What application should Horde display after login?"
> >
> Thank you for your answer. I can't seem to find this option. My Display
> Options only refer to method of sorting, number of messages on a page,
> spelling-errors and expanding of the tree. Am I missing something or
> just looking at the wrong place?

Perhaps you forgot to click the Horde Icon (the "home" icon) first, as
suggested.  Your description sounds more like you were on "Mail" and then
clicked "options", instead of choosing Horde first before choosing
options.

I am using current CVS copies of Horde/IMP though, so perhaps your menus
are different..

> If it is a system-wide setting, which I would like it to be, I also
> can't find it in config/prefs.php. So if anyone knows how to do this...

I was able to ssh into my machine for a few minutes, so if you look
in /horde/config/prefs.php, (please note this is NOT /horde/prefs.php, it
is /horde/config/prefs.php) - you should see a block like:

// what application should we go to after login?
$_prefs['initial_application'] = array(
    'value' => 'imp',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => true,
    'type' => 'select',
    'desc' => _("What application should Horde display after login?"));

Note the: 'value' => 'imp',

.. which (if I am correct), should set that as default for any accounts
created -after- you modify the default value.  Any existing accounts
created before you changed this, will keep their old settings (unless you
are not saving user preferences).

You could edit the horde preferences table and change it manually for
existing users I would suppose.  Maybe that'd be a nice Administration
option for future versions - a 'reset this option's value for all
existing accounts in the database to [xxx]'.

Hope this helps,

 - J