[imp] directly to inbox after logging in

Thijs Koetsier thijs.koetsier@exception.nl
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 01:05:42 +0200

Quoting Jamyn:

> Perhaps you forgot to click the Horde Icon (the "home" icon)
> first, as
> suggested.  Your description sounds more like you were on
> "Mail" and then
> clicked "options", instead of choosing Horde first before choosing
> options.

Thanks again for your answer.

When I click the "Horde" Icon in the lower frame of the page, and I'm
not logged in yet, it only returns the loginscreen.
After logging in, clicking the Horde Icon always brings me to the Inbox.
In the in-between-welcomescreen (which I want to avoid) it also does.
Clicking options here only lets me specify the refresh-interval. In all
other cases I get the options as mentioned before.

> I am using current CVS copies of Horde/IMP though, so perhaps
> your menus
> are different..

I'm using Horde 2.1 and IMP 3.1. Not using CVS.

> I was able to ssh into my machine for a few minutes, so if you look
> in /horde/config/prefs.php, (please note this is NOT
> /horde/prefs.php, it
> is /horde/config/prefs.php) - you should see a block like:
>
> // what application should we go to after login?
> $_prefs['initial_application'] = array(
>     'value' => 'imp',
>     'locked' => false,
>     'shared' => true,
>     'type' => 'select',
>     'desc' => _("What application should Horde display after
> login?"));

It wasn't in my /horde/config/prefs.php file. But after I put it there,
a new option occured in my options, with which I could set this value.
After setting it, it works for this one user; the Inbox opens directly
after logging in.

> Note the: 'value' => 'imp',
>
> .. which (if I am correct), should set that as default for
> any accounts
> created -after- you modify the default value.  Any existing accounts
> created before you changed this, will keep their old settings
> (unless you
> are not saving user preferences).

I've created a new user to test this, but this did not work at once.
The funny thing is, when logging in for the first time with a new user,
the mapnavigator/welcomescreen opens again.
When going to the option to set this to Inbox, this options lists as
default (perhaps this is what value => imp does). With one new user I
submitted this and for this user it opened to Inbox after the next
logins.
But, after creating another new user, it also opened the
in-between-screen the first time logging in. I did not change any
setting that session and when I logged in again with that user, it
opened the Inbox directly.

So it seems that your answer is the solution for my problem, however not
for the first login with a new user. I can live with that ;-)

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Thijs

--
Linux is like a wigwam. No gates, no windows, apache inside.