[imp] Getting the imap server details from ldap in IMP-3.2

Kevin Collins K.J.Collins@hw.ac.uk
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 23:58:47 +0100

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this?  At our place each users mailbox lives on one of a number
of IMAP servers.  I'm trying to find out where to place a patch in IMP-3.2 so that the
correct imap server for a user can be obtained from ldap.  For example, user 'fred' will
have an attribute in the directory 'mailstore' with the value 'mail-a' whereas user
'barney' will have the value 'mail-b' for his mailstore.  I want to be able to set the
server which IMP uses for each of these users appropriately at login time.  Servers.php
would seem to be the best place for this routine but I'm not sure that the username
supplied in the IMP login screen is available when servers.php is processed.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

--
Kevin Collins
Email Service Manager

DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient
you are prohibited from using any of the information contained
in this e-mail.  In such a case, please destroy all copies in
your possession and notify the sender by reply e-mail.  Heriot
Watt University does not accept liability or responsibility
for changes made to this e-mail after it was sent, or for
viruses transmitted through this e-mail.  Opinions, comments,
conclusions and other information in this e-mail that do not
relate to the official business of Heriot Watt University are
not endorsed by it.