[imp] Re: [dev] Clean install on latest Apache/PHP = bug

Sun, 6 Oct 2002 14:25:01 -0500

Quoting bas@brijn.nu:

> I got the latest IMP + HORDE, after unpacking the /horde/test.php shows all
> OK.
> And I get the unconfigured screen. Then:

That sounds normal.

>   for foo in *.dist; do cp $foo `basename $foo .dist`; done
> should fix that. But no it doesn't..

Do the new files (*.conf) end up with the correct permissions, so that
they are readable by the web server?  I assume so based on what you say
next...

> I have to change index.php from:
>   define('HORDE_BASE', dirname(__FILE__));
>   $horde_configured = (@file_exists('./config/horde.php') &&
>   ..
>
> to:
>
>   define('HORDE_BASE', dirname(__FILE__));
>   $horde_configured = (@file_exists(HORDE_BASE . '/config/horde.php') &&
>   ..

Sounds like maybe your apache DirectoryRoot or something might be wrong?
Not sure.  But I would guess this is either a path issue in your apache
config or your php.ini file, probably apache.

> To make this screen go away. Normally I deleted the .dist files, this
> resulted
> in all the html pages to lose all their color. I guess this is by css.php not
> finding and including html.php.. The really strange thing is that if the
> .dist
> file is there it is parsed OK! The code in css.php is using this:
>

>         include HORDE_BASE . '/config/html.php';
>     } else {
>         @include HORDE_BASE . '/config/html.php.dist';

This leads me back to my first question about file permissions...

> Is this a known issue?

Never seen it, never heard of it...

--
Eric Rostetter