[imp] Three problems...

Steven Premeau premeau@uwp.edu
Mon Oct 7 20:57:28 PDT 2002

The University of Wisconsin - Parkside is looking to move IMP 3.1 into
production, however we have the following issues:

    * We are having sessions "randomly" time out.

    Our session.gc_maxlifetime is at 1440 (24 Minutes) and gc_probabilty
    is 1 in php.ini
    I have never been able to replicate the problem -- so even if I
    could get "debugging" help, it would be appreciated.
    It seems to happen most often while composing a message (even during
    5 minute compositions), and the message body is always lost when
    that happens.

    * When you click reply, the quoted message is not included.

    I have seen other threads that talk about a preference setting (I
    can't find one) or a PHP problem.  I downgraded to PHP 4.1.2 with no
    change.

    * I would like some options in the preferences to link to other
      (outside of IMP) URLs and be able to pass the username
      ($imp->user) in the URL,  I have figured out how to add prefs via
      config/prefs.php but the links seem to be relative, and it doesn't
      seem to be parsing the variable.

Here's my runtime environment:

Linux 2.4.9 (based on Slackware 8.0)
Apache 1.3.24 w/ mod_SSL
PHP 4.2.3 (complied into apache)
Horde 2.1
IMP 3.1
mySQL 3.23.27

Any help on these issues would be appreciated.

Steve.

--
Steven Premeau, Network Manager      premeau@uwp.edu           (262) 595-2005
Computer and Network Services              University of Wisconsin - Parkside