[imp] Three problems...

Nate Mollring nmollring@cennecs.org
Mon Oct 7 22:12:57 PDT 2002

Quoting Steven Premeau <premeau@uwp.edu>:

>     * We are having sessions "randomly" time out.
>
>     Our session.gc_maxlifetime is at 1440 (24 Minutes) and gc_probabilty
>     is 1 in php.ini
>     I have never been able to replicate the problem -- so even if I
>     could get "debugging" help, it would be appreciated.
>     It seems to happen most often while composing a message (even during
>     5 minute compositions), and the message body is always lost when
>     that happens.

I'm running IMP 3.1 on a production server.  The only timeout problem I get is
when the pop-up 'new message' occurs--it will time-out fairly quick.

>     * When you click reply, the quoted message is not included.
>
>     I have seen other threads that talk about a preference setting (I
>     can't find one) or a PHP problem.  I downgraded to PHP 4.1.2 with no
>     change.

You should have this in your preferences:

// Should the original message be included?
$_prefs['reply_quote'] = array(
    'value' => 1,
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'checkbox',
    'desc' => _("Include original message in a reply?")

>     * I would like some options in the preferences to link to other
>       (outside of IMP) URLs and be able to pass the username
>       ($imp->user) in the URL,  I have figured out how to add prefs via
>       config/prefs.php but the links seem to be relative, and it doesn't
>       seem to be parsing the variable.

You can do linking via /horde/config/registry.php:
 $this->applications['bookmark'] = array(
     'webroot' => '/horde/bookmark',
     'icon' => $this->applications['horde']['webroot'] . '/bookmark/link.gif',
     'name' => _("Links"),
     'allow_guests' => false,
     'show' => true
 );

The above entry links to a html document I created in /horde/bookmark.  That
document has links to common agency stuff and search engines--all of which I
set to open in a new window.  It works for what we need it for--users that
can't remember how to type in google.com, etc...

Nate