[imp] Aspell not functioning.

Brad Dameron bdameron@tscnet.com
Tue Oct 8 21:36:36 PDT 2002

Horde 2.1
IMP 3.1

This is not CVS. I have a Redhat 7.1 machine and a Redhat 7.2 machine with
IDENTICAL installs of horde/imp. I scp'ed them across. They both have aspell
installed and I can run aspell from the command line.

On the 7.1 machine the spell checking in the compose window works great.

However on the 7.2 machine when I go to spell check in the compose window it
always says there are no errors instantly. I can tell it is not running the
spell checker because there is no delay. They both had the Aspell 33.7.1 RPM
installed. However on the problem machine I installed the latest
Aspell-0.50.2 to see if that fixed the problem. Still no go.

I then su'ed to the vpopmail user because that is what I am running the
webserver as and that user can run aspell from the command line. I turned on
debugging but it didn't log any of the info or errors. I also gave the full
path to aspell in the conf.php "$conf['utils']['spellchecker'] =
'/usr/local/bin/aspell';" and still no luck. I also have Ispell installed
and changed it to use that as well. Still no go. Does anyone else have any
debugging ideas I can try?

---
Brad Dameron									Network Account Executive
TSCNet Inc.								         	www.tscnet.com
Silverdale, WA.									1-888-8TSCNET