[imp] Aspell not functioning.

Rodolfo Segleau segleaur@mechanus.org
Tue Oct 8 21:31:53 PDT 2002

> ----- Message from bdameron@tscnet.com ---------
>     Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 13:36:36 -0700
>     From: Brad Dameron <bdameron@tscnet.com>
>  Subject: [imp] Aspell not functioning.
>       To: imp@lists.horde.org
>

> This is not CVS. I have a Redhat 7.1 machine and a Redhat 7.2 machine with
> IDENTICAL installs of horde/imp. I scp'ed them across. They both have aspell
> installed and I can run aspell from the command line.

<snip>

> I then su'ed to the vpopmail user because that is what I am running the
> webserver as and that user can run aspell from the command line. I turned on
> debugging but it didn't log any of the info or errors. I also gave the full
> path to aspell in the conf.php "$conf['utils']['spellchecker'] =
> '/usr/local/bin/aspell';" and still no luck. I also have Ispell installed
> and changed it to use that as well. Still no go. Does anyone else have any
> debugging ideas I can try?

I know this sounds elementary, but it happens: did the PHP on the 7.2 machine
get compiled with the --with-aspell (or --with-pspell=/dir) option?

Cheers,

Rodolfo

--
The greatest and noblest pleasure which men can have in this world is to
discover new truths; the next is to shake off old prejudices. - Frederick the