[imp] Importing Contacts from Outlook 2000 to Imp

Andrew Morgan morgan@orst.edu
Wed Oct 23 00:01:23 2002

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Mark Tilden wrote:

> Fellow IMP'ers:
>
> I've tried on two different installations of Imp and several different
> installations of Outlook 2000 to use the IMP functionality to import address
> books from a .PST file. I've tried both importing directly from Outlook's
> main file (outlook.pst) and from a separately exported contacts file. Both
> failed, either by simply returning a "page can't be displayed" error or by
> providing a list of fields to match with only garbage in the outlooks side
> of the field match.
>
> Has anybody been able to make this work? Any secrets? I have several users
> with large address books that don't want to re-type them to use IMP.
>
> Thanks!
> Mark

I'm assuming you are using IMP 3.1 and Turba 1.1...

The import address book function in Turba 1.1 is expecting a CSV file as
the input, even when you choose Outlook at the import format.  It doesn't
read .PST files.  It is just as easy to export a CSV file of your Outlook
address book as it is to export a PST file.

	Andy