[imp] serious mysql or imap problems on a imp server

Wed Oct 23 23:10:30 2002

Quoting Didi Rieder <adrieder@sbox.tugraz.at>:

> Hi, I was curious about the performance of the imapproxy and tested it on our
> system. Unfortunately IMP is up to 3 times slower with the proxy. So my
> question is: Is this normal, or do I have to set some special options in
> the settings?

That is not normal.  The only reason I can see it slowing down is if
it is retrying logins (say, trying with multiple authentication types
like cram-md5, ssl, plaintext, etc) and failing on the first several
before arriving at a working method.  Otherwise, I would expect imapproxy
to be at least as fast as normal logins.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!