[imp] serious mysql or imap problems on a imp server

Didi Rieder adrieder@sbox.tugraz.at
Thu Oct 24 09:12:48 2002

--On Wednesday, October 23, 2002 05:10:30 PM -0500 Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu> wrote:

> That is not normal.  The only reason I can see it slowing down is if
> it is retrying logins (say, trying with multiple authentication types
> like cram-md5, ssl, plaintext, etc) and failing on the first several
> before arriving at a working method.  Otherwise, I would expect imapproxy
> to be at least as fast as normal logins.

Our imap server is the cyrus-imapd 2.0.16, and the only available authentication
type is plaintext. Does it matter on which machine the proxy runs (imapserver
or webmail)?

Didi

--
Didi Rieder