[imp] SOME USERS Can't login to IMAP

phillip zheng phillipzheng@yahoo.com
Fri Nov 1 02:44:58 PST 2002

I have spent weeks on this, but no luck; It would be
greatly appreciated if you could help.

This is so much I can chase this far, to me it's
imap_open giving out an incorrect username when users
try to log in; I even printed out the username right
before imap_open ("pzheng" in this case); then I see
one additional character in user login name
("pzhengi") in Mysql log. The Imap server works fine
when users use outlook or other kind of mail client.
Pop3 from horde's imp is working fine too.

I think I am using the newest package.

print out right before imap_open:

[imp] pzheng@fengye.cc [on line 254 of
"/usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php"]

print out from mysql log:

select pw_name, pw_passwd, pw_uid, pw_gid, pw_gecos,
pw_dir, pw_shell ,
pw_clear_passwd from vpopmail where pw_name =
"pzhengi" and pw_domain =
"fengye.cc"

packages used:

php-4.2.3.tar.gz
apache_1.3.26.tar.gz
qmail-1.03.tar.gz
MySQL-3.23.52-1.i386.rpm
vpopmail-5.2.1.tar
horde-2.1.tar.gz
imp-3.1.tar.gz
courier-imap-1.5.3.tar.gz

script from IMP.php:

        Horde::logMessage($imp['user'], __FILE__,
__LINE__, LOG_ERR);
        Horde::logMessage($connstr, __FILE__,
__LINE__, LOG_ERR);
        if ($flags == 0) {
            $imp['stream'] = @imap_open($connstr,
$imp['user'],
Secret::read(Secret::getKey('imp'), $imp['pass']));
        } else {
            $imp['stream'] = @imap_open($connstr,
$imp['user'],
Secret::read(Secret::getKey('imp'), $imp['pass']),
$flags);
        }

Thanks,
Phillip

ps. I also reported this to php, but they said this is
a BOGUS bug:
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=20188